Sunday, August 19, 2012

Easy to learn from a teacher

I have been a trainer for many years. I have been teaching thousands of participants over the years. It is easy to teach them and we had many discussions over the subject matters.

However, there are 2 people I find the most difficult to teach. My 2 sons.

I try to talk to them nicely, explain the reasons and yet not easy for them to listen and follow. It is easier for them to learn from their teachers at school or friends. In fact, when there is a subject matter that I find not correct, I will inform my son that what he learned was not correct.

Many times he had argued with me saying that the teacher at school said so this way and I am wrong to say it another way.

This experiences taught me valuable lessons.

We will learn only when we perceive there is a teacher teaching us. The teacher can be anything, from a real person to anything we read or see.

We are not be willing to listen or learn from someone who we perceive that is not a teacher. That is why it is difficult for an elder person to learn from a younger person. The older person will think that "what can this less experienced person teach me?"

There is a saying, 'When a student is ready, the teacher will appear'.

Be open minded and ready to learn from anything you come across. We can also learn from animals. There are many examples that we use to learn from animals characteristics.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment